LIFE ZEOWINE is a demonstration project funded by the European Community, which aims to improve the protection and management of the soil, the well-being of the vine and the quality of grapes and wine, through the application to the ground of an innovative product "ZEOWINE" composting of waste from the wine supply chain and zeolite.
Starting from the results of previous trials, which aimed to assess the effectiveness of the application of zeolites and composts in a disjointed way in other production chains, we proceed with the aim of applying, for the first time, both on a new plant of vineyard and vineyards in production, the PRODUCT ZEOWINE, with effects in terms of performance in the management of soil and biodiversity of soil and plants.
The synergy of the positive effects of ZEOWINE on soil and plant is demonstrated by the improvement of nutritional and water efficiency, the reduction of the need for fertilizer scan, the closure of the production cycle of waste material improving the quality of the wines produced.
The LIFE ZEOWINE Project will be
- 3 implementation actions for the definition and implementation of composting protocols of supply chain and zeolite waste and application protocols of the ZEOWINE product on new plant and vine plants in production. Therefore, the following will be done:
- PROCESS OF COMPARTING OF FILIERAAND SCRAPS AND ZEOLITE: an action through which the process of composting wine and rupees with zeolite will be carried out, in order to obtain an innovative product, ZEOWINE, which in subsequent actions will be applied to soils . The action allows you to define and demonstrate the conditions and methods of making the ZEOWINE product, to carry out a "Technical report on composting process for the production of ZEOWINE" containing information about: procedures for processing supply chain waste, waste and zeolite mixing procedures, composting management and maintenance conditions, criteria for assessing the quality of the manufactured product;
- THE action is necessary to demonstrate the effectiveness of ZEOWINE in fertilization of implantation, compared to the application of only zeolite and a compost currently on the market;
- THE action is necessary to demonstrate that the synergy of the positive effects on soil and on the plant is found in the improvement of the characteristics of the grapes and wines produced, which are not the only ones to be affected by the plant. they will preserve fruity and plant aromas more, and will increase the polyphenol and antioxidant set; and also demonstrating that the production of ZEOWINE from waste from wine processing is a solution to the problem of waste management, closing the production cycle.
- 3 actions for the complete study of the environmental, productive and socio-ecomomic impacts, effectiveness and efficiency of the proposed solutions and the socio-economic consequences induced by the project.
The expected results of the ZEOWINE Project will be evaluated through:
- Development of 3 demonstration cycles of application of the ZEOWINE product in the wine supply chain, with reference to the following parameters: Production of about 140 t of ZEOWINE.
- Testing and demonstrating the effectiveness and feasibility of these strategies: application of ZEOWINE on 0.35 has new plant and on 3.5 has vineyard in production;
Considering a single application of ZEOWINE at the 30 t/ha dose, the project will demonstrate the effectiveness of applying the product to the soils lived in the BEST OF SUOLO QUALITY in terms of:
- THE composting and application phase of the product itself contributes to increasing the ability to fix and maintain the reserve of nutrients (nitrogen and potassium) and organic matter in the soil.
- BIODIVERSITY, in terms of enzyme activity related to the nutrient cycle, microbial abundance and pedophauna. Estimated variations indicate an increase of about 25% in enzyme activity.
- ZEOWINE'S IDRICA CAPACITY: For a 1 ha of soil treated with ZEOWINE, the water supply is expected to increase by 8.3 m3 of water.
- SUOLO STRUCTURE The average diameter of the stable aggregates in the water of the living soil will increase from 0.5 to 1-1.2 mm.
- BIODISPONIBILE COPPER CONTENT, bioavailable copper will increase from 15 to 10.5 mgCu/kg.
- IMPACT ON THE EMISSION OF GAS SERRA GENERATE OF THE SPECIFIC AGRICOLE ACTIVITY, decreasing the need for fertilization, increasing the water retention capacity of the soil, and reducing the No. soil fertilisation processes resulting in a reduction in emissions related to the use of agricultural machinery. The total reduction in greenhouse gas emissions is approximately 18.48 t/ha of CO2 per year.
- Improving the quality of the final productions of the supply chain through a AUMENT OF APA CONTENT IN THE UVA of about 50 mg/L, this increase results in a better course of alcoholic fermentation and a more complete aromatic set of grapes.
- Spreading the use of the ZEOWINE product, through training interventions for professional operators; increase in the number of companies that will implement the use of the product.